The SDF launch the last call in Al-Baghuz

The SDF said they will resume their military operation in the last stronghold of Daesh in Al-Baghuz town in the eastern Deir Ezzor countryside.

The Spokesperson for the SDF, Mustafa Bali, said: “No one has come out of Al-Baghuz since Thursday.”

Last month, the SDF announced the last battle to control the last stronghold of Daesh, under the name of the “battle to defeat terrorism.”

In the past days, the international coalition and the SDF announced a truce with Daesh to make room for the civilians and the surrendees of Daesh elements to get out, during which thousands of people from Al-Baghuz town, including civilians, families and elements of the organization have got out.

The SDF are investigating those coming out of Daesh-held areas before transferring them to camps in their areas and to prisons in Al-Omar and Al-Tanak fields and in Koniko gas factory.

It is noteworthy that there are still large numbers of Daesh militants in the last stronghold on the outskirts of Al-Baghuz town, refusing to surrender themselves to the coalition and the SDF, while some groups of the organization most of them wounded have already surrendered.

Show More
Back to top button
Close